Stahl STK Chain Hoist
The STK extra short headroom trolley sets new standards. The construction of the short headroom trolley alone saves a tremendous amount of space. The body of the chain hoist is mounted at an angle, meaning that no return sheave is required, thereby allowing a 33 % reduction in headroom. With its headroom reduced by 60 %, the extra short headroom trolley achieves, by contrast, maximum hook paths. The distance from the underside of the beam to the bed of the hook is just 210 mm at a load capacity of 5,000 kg and even just 185 mm at a load capacity of 3,200 kg. The patented chain drive with two separate, but synchronised chains is unique. The load is lifted and positioned exactly without swinging or vibration.
Stahl STK Chain Hoist Brochure
The chain hoists are also available in explosion-proof design for Zone 1, Zone 21 and Zone 22.
- Extensive chain hoist range for lifting capacities from 125 kg to 6,300 kg
- Suspension directly from the chain guide of solid cast iron
- Easy inspection and maintenance of the chain drive thanks to overmounted drive shaft
- Extremely short and compact construction ensures that space can be utilized to the maximum
- High standard classification in accordance with ISO
- Modern Kanban production, available fast
- Available as an option in explosion protected design complying with ATEX and IECEx
- The different models and trolley variants allow not only a wide variety of uses, but also very individualized solutions tailored to specific requirements.
- In standard version, the ST 05 and ST 10 1/1 chain hoists are suspended by eye or hook from the smooth-running push trolleys. A rigid connection with the chain hoist is possible on request. This rigid connection is standard in the ST 20 to ST 60 chain hoists. The push trolley does not affect the low headroom of the hoist. Optional wheel arresters make your workplace safer.
DKE articulated trolley:
- The articulated trolley is available for frequent travel around bends and narrow radii. Depending on radius of bend, runway flange width or application it is equipped with one or two travel motors. The lateral guide rollers cause minimum wear. The articulated trolley is designed for load capacities up to 6,300 kg.
“Standard headroom” electric trolley:
- Not one millimeter was given away in the design in order to enable large hook paths even at standard headroom.
“Short headroom” electric trolley:
- The smooth-running electric trolley can also be combined with the ST short headroom chain hoist, reducing the headroom by a further 33 %.
STK short and extra short headroom trolley:
- The construction of the short headroom trolley itself saves a tremendous amount of space. The body of the chain hoist is mounted at an angle, meaning that no return sheave is required. This reduces the headroom by 33 %. The extra short headroom trolley with its headroom reduced by 60 %, by contrast, achieves maximum hook paths, which is particularly beneficial in extremely low-ceilinged rooms. It fully deserves its name. The extremely short distance from the underside of the beam to the bed of the hook is just 210 mm at a load capacity of 5,000 kg and even just 185 mm at a load capacity of 3,200 kg.
The STD dual chain hoist:
- The STD dual chain hoist is ideal for long material and lifting beams that need to be picked up at two points. It is equipped with two load chains, which are moved synchronously by a hoist motor. There are various versions of the STD dual chain hoist available for different requirements and space situations.
STB Big Bag design:
- The Big Bag version is designed for load capacities up to 3,200 kg. Its special feature is the free choice of the distance between chain hoist and load hook which makes lifting bulky loads or Big Bags up to top hook position possible without hindering edges such as trolley, chain hoist or chain box.
Suspension for stationary version:
- The standard stationary ST chain hoist has hook suspension. However you can also choose eye suspension or rigid suspension. The eye suspension is used when the stationary chain hoist is only rarely moved to a different location, while the low headroom permits long hook paths even in low-ceilinged rooms. If the ST chain hoist is to be permanently mounted, for example in systems manufacture, we recommend rigid suspension. Here too the extremely short headroom is of advantage. In addition, the rigid mounting prevents the chain hoist swinging on the trolley.
Foot mounting for stationary version:
- In order to utilize space optimally in low-ceilinged rooms the ST chain hoist can be bolted from below onto a foot mounting.
- The ST chain hoist program boasts superior technology. The low-maintenance components of the modular chain hoist are optimally matched to each other. They guarantee constant performance, long service life and high efficiency.
- High standard classification in accordance with ISO (FEM)
- Powerful motors with high duty cycle and number of switching operations
- Standard fan cooling
- Single-speed and four-pole versions are available as options
- Optional temperature control by thermistor
- Low-maintenance, asbestos-free electromagnetic disc brake
- Oversized braking torque
- Long service life, brake pad status can be checked and measured
- Brake completely enclosed, protected from humidity, vapors and dusts from the exterior; ensuring long-term reliable operation
- Innovative patented chain drive
- Anchorage and load-bearing components are directly integrated into the high-tensile grey cast iron
- Simple inspection and replacement of the chain sprocket thanks to over-mounted shaft bearing
- Enclosed chain guide
- Reliable functioning even in demanding applications
- Wear-resistant case-hardened chain sprocket in conjunction with optimized return sheaves; ensuring low wear on the chain
- All customary connecting and control voltages are available
- Plug connection of control pendant and travel motor
- Clear arrangement of contactors
- As an option, available with direct control
- As an option, available without control pendant and/or contactor control
- Standard paint treatment as per RAL 6018 yellow-green and RAL 7021 greyish black
- High-quality primer and top coats for standard applications
- Off-standard paint treatment for outdoor use or corrosive ambient conditions
- Other colours per RAL chart optionally available
Overload slipping clutch and gear:
- The slipping clutch of the ST 10 to ST 60 is located in the oil bath.
- Easily adjustable from the exterior
- Precise response
- No electronic limiting necessary
- Various gear reductions available
- Oversized helically geared gearbox
- Surface-hardened, galvanized and large dimensioned load chain
- High case depth for long service life
- High ISO classification
- Stainless steel load chains are available as an option
- Large selection of chain boxes in plastic, sheet steel or textile
- Available without chain box as an option
Options and features:
- Although they are already first-class in their standard design, you can make the hoists even safer, more economical and more convenient with a range of mechanical, electrical and electronic options. They simultaneously improve performance, prolong service life and make it possible to adapt the hoist individually to specific requirements.
- Robust control pendant with EMERGENCY STOP palm button and control cable
- All switching elements for hoist, cross and long travel are 2-step.
- IP 65 protection
- Additional buttons, for example to activate a horn, can easily be fitted.
- Optional load display. All data displayed can be read out on a notebook with the aid of the SMC Multicontroller.
Radio remote control units:
- Pushbutton unit with belt clip, optionally with signal feedback from the crane
- Joystick transmitter with controller and carry strap
- Automatic battery chargers with interchangeable batteries
- Robust plastic housing, IP 65 protection
- Works in the 2.4 GHz frequency range.
- Other radio remote control units on request
- Continuous load monitoring by overload cut-off even if hoist is at a standstill
- Overload protection with ALC automatic load control
- Load spectrum memory for load-related operating time summation
- Monitoring of the motor temperature of the hoist motor and travel motor
- Operating data registration, e.g. operating hours, load spectrum, motor switching operations and load cycles
- Data exchange with PC possible
Travel limit switch:
- Travel limit switches on trolley/crab for cross travel, optional
- Limiting for both directions of travel
- Switchover from “fast/slow” (predisconnect)
- Switch contacts designed for control current
- IP 66 protection
Operational hoist limit switch:
- Two versions are possible: cut-off in top hook position or cut-off in top and bottom hook position (stationary, push trolley, electric trolley)
- Activated by the bottom hook block
Gear-type limit switch:
- Various functions possible: e. g. routine operational cut-off in highest or lowest hook position or switching from “fast” to “slow” before the stops.
- IP 55 protection, optionally IP 66
Spring-steel chain guide:
- Heavy high-tensile chain guide for rugged use
- Enclosed chain guide
- Extremely wear-resistant case-hardened chain sprocket
- Second brake for increased safety
- Identically dimensioned
- Second brake acts in force transmission directly on the load, i. e. bypassed the slipping clutch.
- SLD four-digit 7-segment load display (Stahl Load Display), large format, luminous red, available with various interfaces including CAN.
- Choice of 60, 100 or 150 mm digit height
- No additional sensor is required as the standard load sensor is used.
FMD1 slipping clutch test device:
- Robust full metal design
- Modern electronic test apparatus with field-proven sensor technology, high degree of accuracy ± 2 %
- Test range up to 4,000 kg on one chain fall, suitable for chains up to 11.3 mm link thickness
- Protector for evaluation device and internal test program
- Simple intuitive handling
Stahl STK Chain Hoist Brochure
Our Service Areas
St. Louis, MO Area
Based on 11 reviews
Kansas City, MO Area
Based on 4 reviews