Magnetek IMPULSE G+ SERIES 4 Variable Frequency Drive
IMPULSE•G+ Series 4 drives are designed especially for material handling applications, providing a complete package of crane-specific capabilities far beyond a general purpose drive’s functionality.
With hundreds of thousands of drives in operation backed by decades of experience, IMPULSE drives are the smart choice.
IMPULSE drives are designed especially for material handling applications, providing a complete package of crane-specific capabilities far beyond a general purpose drive’s functionality. The IMPULSE•G+ Series 4 can be used as an open-loop vector or V/F crane control for traverse motions or mechanical load brake hoists.
- Magnetek drives are designed with reliability and economy in mind. The hardware and software were designed and extensively tested specifically for the operating conditions seen in overhead material handling applications. These durable drives feature new power modules that can withstand four times more thermal cycles than previous generations. Preventative maintenance monitors provide the feedback you need to proactively schedule maintenance and minimize downtime.
LOAD CHECK II:
- Load Check II™ continuously detects hoist overload conditions, halting upward motion and only allowing the load to be lowered. Load Check II continuously monitors the hook load, both during acceleration and constant speed, eliminating the need for load cells in most applications. It provides an auto-setup function which defines the hoist’s maximum hook load in seconds. With these control advancements, the drive no longer pauses for tests unless rated capacity is approached, providing increased productivity.
SAFE TORQUE OFF:
- Safe Torque Off provides a redundant hardware safety circuit that guarantees motor and brake power are removed when an E-STOP switch or safety controller opens the drive input, eliminating the need for external disconnects. This functionality is provided in a safety category 3 architecture and designed to PLd and SIL CL2 according to ISO/EN 13849-1 and IEC/EN 62061 respectively, meeting the requirements of IEC/EN 61508.
- Adaptive Ultra-Lift™ allows for hoist operation above base speed with a light load or empty hook. Adaptive Ultra-Lift continuously monitors motor torque and adjusts motor speed to operate at peak performance, improving plant safety and maximizing throughput. For example, motor speed can now be increased automatically when a magnet releases a load or gear ratios change with overwrapping drums.
- Brake Test verifies brake torque with the press of a button, capturing breakaway torque with a monitor parameter on the keypad. This valuable tool determines the condition of the brake so you can perform preventative maintenance and quickly commission the crane.
- Anti-Shock automatically stabilizes loads by detecting and minimizing rapid increases in motor torque, thus reducing the potential for crane damage caused by operator induced load shock.
- Quick-Set™ is provided by the easy-to-use keypad and X-Press Programming™ so you get up and running right away. X-Press Programming automatically configures several commonly used parameters and features when a control method, motion, or speed reference is selected.
- Safe Lifting features are built right in, including Torque Proving, which confirms the motor is providing enough torque to safely lift a load prior to releasing the brake. Torque Limiting prevents the crane from performing a lift that could overload the motor and cause mechanical fatigue. Brake Integrity Check tests the primary and emergency brakes to ensure they are mechanically capable of holding the load.
- Option Cards provide the drive flexibility needed with expandable AC digital input and output, DC digital and analog input and output option cards. Simplify automation and diagnostics integration with our Ethernet IP, Modbus TCP/IP, and PROFIBUS-DP option cards. The new control power supply option maintains diagnostic, I/O and communications when main power is disconnected from the drive.
IMPULSE•LINK DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM:
- IMPULSE•Link Diagnostic System maximizes the efficiency of your drive by providing easy parameter management right on your PC. IMPULSE•Link can communicate with up to 31 drives locally or wirelessly, allowing drive diagnostics, monitoring, and programming.
- IMPULSE•G+ drives are compatible with 50HZ voltage making them available for use in all European countries. IMPULSE drives are also CE rated when used with an EMC filter, which comes standard on all drives sold in Europe.
Our Service Areas
St. Louis, MO Area
Based on 9 reviews
Kansas City, MO Area
Based on 5 reviews